Monday, June 7, 2010

Baby Watch 2010: Day 7

Today started the same as yesterday with a shot of terbutaline at 3am! Poor Rachel, I don't think she even fills the shots anymore. Rachel spent most of the day working and reading but mostly working. I had to leave my angel alone to return to corporate America. My employer, D3, is kind enough to let me work from the DFW office while Rachel is in the hospital. Everything was going great until about 2pm. D3 is located on the 6th floor of the old Chase Bank building off 820. The floors are basically wall-to-wall windows. I thought I had the privilege of working in a corner cube with a nice view of 820. It was a privilege until the outside temperature soared to 99 degrees. The windows at our office must not be doubled-pane because it was very warm when I left at 3pm. Let's just say I'll be working the bulk of my hours during the morning hours for the foreseeable future.

Ok, enough about me and more about Rachel. She is currently going on and on about what to buy with her two Amazon.com gift cards. Earlier today she chastised me for moving the bathroom trash can one to many times. During one of our sillier moments she defeated me in our "Sing that Lyric - Classic Country Edition" game. I could have sworn the chorus to the Urban Cowboy song was "Looking for love in two many faces, looking for love in two many places......". Never doubt a West Texas girl who still has all of her brain cells intact. Late.

No comments: