Thursday, September 23, 2010

Nursery Reveal

When trying to plan out the nursery I searched to the end of the internet and found that most people's version of gender neutral was yellow, green or white.  Personally I could not wrap my head around it and wanted something a little more visually stimulating and colorful for Baby Eaton's room.  After finding inspiration in these adorable pictures of owls, I found some retro looking fabrics and over ambitiously decided that I could make everything for the nursery.  When I ended up on bed rest our incredible friend Lise stepped in and took over the job of sewing.  She did an amazing job and the curtains, crib skirt, basket liners, pillows and more turned out better than I could have ever imagined.  Lise even made Jacquelyn the most beautiful quilt.  I can't thank her enough for everything she did for our little Jacquelyn to make sure that her nursery was perfect and ready for her when she came home from the hospital. 

Hope you like our version of gender neutral, we sure love it. 




4 comments:

txmomof2 said...

hum...wonder where I've seen this before. Looks a little familiar...;)

Kelly T. said...

Is Lise for hire? I need her when baby #2 comes around!

Rachel said...

Kelly I told Lise that she has found her calling. She did such an amazing job. I am going to have to see if she is up to doing Jacquelyn's nursery in Seattle.

Laney said...

I love the nursery!! Perfect for gender neutral...yellow really doesnt do it for me either!!