Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Our Baby Girl is Growing Up So Fast

On Saturday we celebrated Jacquelyn's three week birthday.  Our baby girl is growing up so fast.  Today she officially out grew preemie sized clothing.  The newborn size is still huge on her but no more preemie clothes for our little Jacquelyn who now ways almost five and a half pounds. 

Here are a few of my favorite moments over the last three weeks...


Jacquelyn is four days old in this picture and this was the first time I got to hold her other than for a minute right after she was born.  The wait made it the longest four days of my life, but the moment I got to hold her was absolutely amazing.  I never knew you could love someone so much until that moment. 


On my birthday my amazing daughter called up her dad and said "Hey Mark I need a favor" and asked him to pick up a very special birthday gift just from her.  It was the best gift I have ever received.  She really is our "little miracle" just like the frame says.  Later that night the family came over to celebrate my birthday over fajitas and raspberry chocolate cake.  We were all sad Jacquelyn was not able to be there but I will never forget celebrating with Jacquelyn and Mark in the NICU before we went home. 


Mark had to wait a little longer than I did but when Jacquelyn was six days old her Dad got to hold her for the first time.


I just love this little face and had to share this picture.
You might notice that the receiving blanket Jacquelyn is wrapped in is the same pattern as the one Mark is wrapped up with in his baby picture from 30 years ago, posted previously under Helpful Hints.


To celebrate her two week birthday we broke out the Texas A&M hat.


Happy Three Week Birthday Jacquelyn

No comments: